Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coming Soon on October 22nd…our little pumpkin!


Week 4 – February 12, 2012
Coming Soon…our little pumpkin! Due October 22, 2012. 

Boy, did our lives change today! We had come home from worship that morning and as I was finishing a load of laundry and picking up around the house, I thought, “Just another delayed start.”  The pregnancy test was negative two days ago and it is supposed to be 90% accurate at the time I took it. I decided to take a test again, but it was more to affirm that I was correct and that we were not pregnant. Don’t get me wrong, this was not unplanned. I wanted a positive test. We have been hoping and praying for this to happen and I can think of no greater joy than to find out you are on the way! So back to that little test… I took the test and then waited a couple of minutes for the result. I thought I was seeing things. It said “PREGNANT!” I looked again and couldn’t believe it. I mean that same test was negative two days before. “Oh my goodness, how should I tell Chris?” I thought. I had not even told him about taking the other test this week. I decided that I couldn’t wait to tell him and I wasn’t going to search Pinterest for a clever idea. I ran into the living room and with tears in my eyes and a stick in my hand said, “We are pregnant!” I don’t think Chris actually believed me. He then questioned the accuracy of the test and kept a real even tone. I think we were both in shock. He asked me, “So what now?” I explained that a pregnancy test is more sensitive than a blood test at the doctor, but that I would call tomorrow and set up an appointment. At this point, we were only 4 weeks and doctors usually won’t see you until 8-10 weeks. That seemed like an eternity. I was relieved when I called the next day and they wanted to see me at 6 weeks for a sonogram. What will I do the next two weeks and can I keep this a secret?

Baby Size- Poppy Seed
Cravings- Nothing. My eating habits are normal. I have been eating lots of fruits and vegetables for the last month and have continued the same eating habits.
Symptoms- Very tired, but that seems pretty normal for someone who works with kids all day. ; )  


No comments:

Post a Comment