Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sharing the News!


Week 8

This weekend, we decided to tell our parents the big news. We had both of our parents meet us in Arlington at Papasitos on Saturday night. We had recently met my parents in Arlington, so I thought I could be sneaky and they would not figure us out. Luckily, I talked to my dad when we invited them to dinner and I avoided them the rest of the week. Chris was in the other room making plans with his parents. ; ) We got there a little early, but thought it would be a good idea to sit at a table so they wouldn’t see their “goody bags.”  Chris’ parents arrived first and joined us at the table. About 10 minutes later, we saw my parents and they came into the restaurant with big eyes. Chris was trying to get their attention when he heard my dad say, “Judy, they are here. I knew it.” We sat at the table and ordered our queso while exchanging pleasantries. Our parents were getting deep into conversation, so we had to break in. Our moms had just started talking about their Pandora bracelets and we thought this was the moment. We gave them the gifts. They opened the box with their new Pandora charm. It was a baby carriage! Then they saw the sonogram photo on a wooden frame I had made. Our moms stood up and started dancing in the middle of the restaurant with tears in their eyes. Ron asked what the big news was. We told him we were having a baby! I think everyone at the table already knew before we even met. It is a very special thing to share this kind of news with your parents. We told them that they had to keep it a secret a little longer. We were planning on telling our brothers at this point, but still felt it was too early to let the world know. This will be my parent’s fourth grandchild and the Geddie’s first grandchild. They were all equally excited.  It feels so good to start letting our secret out. We had been at the hospital earlier that day visiting our friends and their new baby. It was a different experience than ever before, knowing that this would be us in just a few months. Amazing. 


Baby Size- The size of a kidney bean.
Developments- New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from baby's hands and feet, eyelids practically cover their eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat to the branches of developing lungs, and their "tail" is just about gone. In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.
 Cravings- I ate about two egg sandwiches each day this week and probably two gallons of milk. I have been so sick this week and had a hard time eating anything.
Symptoms- Let’s just say this was a rough week. I barely left the couch. Thank goodness it was Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment