Sunday, May 20, 2012

Boy or Girl?

Week 18

Oh my goodness! We have been so excited and have patiently waited to find out if you are a boy or a girl. I was so nervous before the appointment and I made sure to have some sugar that morning to get you moving. I was so worried that you would be asleep and that we would not find out. It would be torture to wait another 4 weeks to try again. Our appointment was Monday and you should be 18 weeks and 1 day at this point. You measured 18 weeks and 5 days at this appointment. I think you might be tall like your parents. : )The sono technician asked us if we wanted to find out and what we wanted, a boy or girl. We wanted you to be healthy and we will continue to pray for that every day. She showed up your side profile and your brain. Measurements were SLOWLY taken and everything looked good. Then, we saw your little arms and a foot. We have a photo where you are showing off a foot. I am sorry sweet baby, but you are doomed either way. Feet are never particularly pretty, but your dad and I have ogre feet. We would not really make out what she was looking at next, but then she stopped. Chris was getting video on his phone the whole time, so he was sitting pretty quietly. She asked him if he had a job. He thought she was talking about what his job was today in this whole process. His response was that he has several jobs. She told him he would need them, because his little GIRL would probably like shopping. My husband had already done the cost analysis on having a girl and he was certainly aware of the extra expenses he would encounter. I was shaking and crying at the same time. I asked her how sure she was and explained that I have heard stories about how a sonogram is not always accurate and we could find out later that it was a boy. She showed us the three little lines and assured us that she had never been wrong and that she was sure you are a little girl. More importantly, you look healthy. I cannot believe that we are having a little girl. I LOVE YOU even more already and we have got to start working on names now. We cannot share our news with anyone until next week on Memorial Day. Your Dad is in Arkansas for work the rest of the week. We are having both of our families to the house on Monday and it is going to be really tough to keep this secret. Ahh! We are having a GIRL!!!The office can definitely not stay blue. 


Baby Size- Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces.

Developments- Blood vessels are visible through thin skin, and ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around nerves, a process that will continue for a year after the birth. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.

Cravings- I am still craving sleep and I am sooo hungry now. I am eating everything in sight. It does not matter what it is. I am going to be a very big girl if I keep eating like this. My students even wrote me in to one of their stories this week. Something about their teacher eating snacks all day. Ha! Those stinkers…I love ‘em.

Symptoms- Exhaustion, headaches, hunger, growing larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment