Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

Week 19 

My other brother, Zack, turned 32 on Saturday. I completely forgot to call him on his birthday. I have never done that before. I was quickly forgiven since his wife is expecting their third child. He said something like, “You’re Pregnant.” I love it. I should be using this more.
We went to Ryan and Alexia’s for yummy food. We all live in the same neighborhood, so it is so nice to get the phone call asking us over for dinner. Ryan grills delicious things and we eat to our heart’s delight. A big thing happened though. I ate steak. For the first time in over three months, I ate juicy meat. I licked my plate clean before anyone else and Ryan told me I should eat more. I listened to the smart man and helped myself. I am the bottomless pit.
On Memorial Day, we had both of our families over to the house. It is not often that we get to bring our families together. We had bbq and had planned to share our big news with everyone. Our parents came over a little earlier for a bigger reveal and we shared the news with our brothers and sister in laws. We are having a baby girl! It was so fun to tell everyone and let this secret out. We have a video of how we shared this with our parents. You will have to take a look to see! Something about pink helium balloons in a box…

Baby Size- Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato.

Developments- Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. Interesting is all I can say here.


Cravings- I ate STEAK!!! Still eating eggs and drinking lots of milk.

Symptoms- What is heartburn? I did not know the answer to this question until last Friday when I had Chris call the doctor at 11:30pm. I could not breathe, my chest was burning, and I had stabbing pains for over 45 minutes. Tums were not helping, but Mylanta finally did the trick. This was your Dad’s first mission to have to run out and get me something. : ) I am feeling her move around. She is an active little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment